Ribbon / Making of. Go check out MottoWasabi’s new ecological Ribbon lamp in its completed form in EcoDesign exhibition (Habitare, Ahead! section, stand 7s31).  “EcoDesign is a special exhibition that focuses on eco-friendly design, centred around annually changing themes. Top designers and new talents from Finland and abroad are invited to the exhibition. Habitare’s fifth international EcoDesign special exhibition showcases wooden furniture and articles. Previous EcoDesign themes were chair (2009), lamp (2010), multipurpose furniture (2011) and wood material (2012). This time, the designers invited to the exhibition have been given a free hand to design and implement any wooden article for interior decoration. The design work is evaluated on the basis of an ecological manufacturing process, choices of materials, packaging and logistics, use, maintainability and recyclability. The articles are manufactured from a minimum of 80 per cent wood, and the remaining 20 per cent may use some other ecological material. Unlike in previous years, the designs have been curated and some 60 proposals best meeting the exhibition criteria have been selected. The Japanese industrial designer Toshiyuki Kita has been invited to act as the curator and chairman of the panel of the exhibition.” More information ‘here’ and 'here’.

Ribbon / Making of.

Go check out MottoWasabi’s new ecological Ribbon lamp in its completed form in EcoDesign exhibition (Habitare, Ahead! section, stand 7s31). 

“EcoDesign is a special exhibition that focuses on eco-friendly design, centred around annually changing themes. Top designers and new talents from Finland and abroad are invited to the exhibition.

Habitare’s fifth international EcoDesign special exhibition showcases wooden furniture and articles. Previous EcoDesign themes were chair (2009), lamp (2010), multipurpose furniture (2011) and wood material (2012). This time, the designers invited to the exhibition have been given a free hand to design and implement any wooden article for interior decoration. The design work is evaluated on the basis of an ecological manufacturing process, choices of materials, packaging and logistics, use, maintainability and recyclability. The articles are manufactured from a minimum of 80 per cent wood, and the remaining 20 per cent may use some other ecological material.

Unlike in previous years, the designs have been curated and some 60 proposals best meeting the exhibition criteria have been selected. The Japanese industrial designer Toshiyuki Kita has been invited to act as the curator and chairman of the panel of the exhibition.”

More information ‘here’ and 'here’.